8th INFER Workshop on International Economics
From: 2008-10-17 to: 2008-10-18
Place: Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Call for Papers
8th INFER Workshop on International Economics
Globalization, Integration and Transition:
17-18 October, 2008
Faculty of Economics and Business Administration
Babeº-Bolyai University, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
This INFER workshop provides an opportunity for all economists interested to exchange ideas, to create links in research and to meet fellows in related subject. Researchers are invited to submit theoretical and applied papers broadly consistent with the workshop’s special topic Globalization, Integration and transition.
Researchers are also encouraged to organize their own sessions.
- Prof. Nauro Ferreira Campos, Department of Economics and Finance, Brunel University, UK
The workshop is open to anybody involved in economic issues related with the topic, including both young and experienced researchers from academics and research institutes, post-doctoral students, and professionals from business, government and non-governmental institutions. As the workshop intends to build a network in this research area, participation is welcome even without paper contribution.
Submission of Papers
Only full papers may be submitted. All papers must include a cover page with the following information:
- An abstract of up to 500 words, with JEL classification and no more than 5 key words;
- Authors’ full name, affiliation;
- Contact details for corresponding author, such as address, phone, and e-mail.
All papers and organized sessions should be submitted electronically to the workshop organizers
- Helena Marques at Helena.Marques@mbs.ac.uk,
- Monica Pop Silaghi, firstname.lastname@example.org (contact person),
- Dumitru Matiº, dmatiº@ econ.ubbcluj.ro
June 1, 2008.
Papers must be in English, and should not exceed 25 pages (A4 or letter) including all references, tables and the like. The text should be formatted in Times New Roman 14pt with 1.2 line space and 2.5 cm (1 inch) margin on each side. Footnotes should be formatted in 12pt with 1.2 line space. Please avoid colors in graphs and pages in landscape.
All papers will be peer reviewed. Authors of accepted papers will be notified no later than
July 28, 2008.
Paper presenters are expected to discuss one other paper during the workshop. The discussant assignments will be made by the workshop organizers at a later date.
Publication of Papers
A selection of papers presented at the workshop will be published in one or more INFER volumes in due course after the workshop. For details of possible publication outlets see http://www.infer-research.net and click on publications.
The registration fee for speakers and other participants will be:
- INFER private members: 60 EUR,
- institutional INFER members: 60 EUR,
- non-members: 120 EUR.
Please note: the annual membership fee for private INFER members is 25 EUR only (institutional INFER members 200 EUR). You are invited to become a member!
The deadline for registration is:
September 1st, 2008.
Registration fees are non-refundable. All registrations made after the deadline are regarded as late registrations.
The fee for late registrations (including on-site registrations) will be:
- INFER private members: 90 EUR,
- institutional INFER members: 90 EUR,
- non-members: 180 EUR.
All workshop participants have to register for the workshop. Please note that paper submission is not regarded as a registration. If you want to attend this INFER Workshop, please use the registration form that will be provided at the INFER website and follow the instructions given there. Once INFER has received your registration form and registration fee, you will get a confirmation by e-mail.
The workshop will be held at the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration of the Babeº-Bolyai University, Cluj-Napoca, Romania, street Theodor Mihali no.58-60, district Gheorghieni, (university campus).
Cluj-Napoca lies approximately 440 km north-west of Bucharest, in the valley of Somesul Mic River. The city used to be the capital of the historical province of Transylvania and is one of the most important, academic, cultural and industrial centers in Romania today. The origin of the Transylvanian University dates back to the 16th century with a Jesuit College and its history was profoundly linked with the history of our country. It was set up as a Romanian University 88 years ago, in November 1919.
The university takes part in international networks: the European University Association, the International Association of Universities as well as in regional networks- the Danube Rectors’Conference and the Association of Carpathian University. The Faculty of Economics and Business Administration is one of the most modern and dynamic faculties of the “Babeº-Bolyai” University. For more details visit website: www.ubbcluj.ro
1. The airport from Cluj-Napoca is situated in Someseni district on street Traian Vuia no. 149, Cluj Napoca, at around 8 km far from the city centre. From the airport there is a bus with number 8 that takes you towards the city. Please look for the name of taxi companies as Diesel, Pritax, Terra Fan, Nova Taxi. It normally cost you around 10 euros.
2. useful websites with infos about Cluj (with a map available): http://www.cluj4all.com
Participants are responsible for their travel and accommodation arrangements. The enrolment fee does not cover accommodation. Please make your reservations as soon as possible.
For accommodation choice we recommend a list of hotels close to our faculty:
- Hotel Onix **** http://www.hotelonix.ro/
- Hotel Delaf *** http://hoteldelaf.ro/ro/prezentare.html
- Hotel Abi*** http://www.abihotel.ro/
We also suggest the university hotel situated in Iuliu Hatieganu Park, Pandurilor Street no.7.
The workshop website at http://www.infer-research.net will provide updated information concerning registration details and downloadable registration forms, etc.
Questions may be directed to the workshop organizers:
- • Helena Marques (University of Manchester), Helena.Marques@mbs.ac.uk
- • Monica Pop Silaghi (Babeº-Bolyai University), email@example.com (contact person)
- • Prof. Dumitru Matiº, (Babeº-Bolyai University), dmatiº@econ.ubbcluj.ro
INFER Workshop in Kaifeng - Extended deadline
event starting date: 2016-03-18
News in 2017
Extended deadline for Call for Papers - ECR
New Events, Publications and Post-Doc Position
Stocks or flows? New thinking about monetary transmission through the lending channel
Author: Javier Villar Burke
What is Different about Urbanization in Rich and Poor Countries? Cities in Brazil, China, India and the United States
Author: Juan Pablo Chauvin Edward Glaeser Yueran Ma Kristina Tobio
Taxing Vacant Apartments: Can fiscal policy reduce vacancy?
Author: Mariona Segú Benjamin Vignolles